Key questions shareholders should ask
- What is Amplats’ response to the allegations in the June 2016 ActionAid South Africa report that the Mogalakwena Mine in Limpopo has had serious impacts on nearby villages, including air pollution, damage to houses and impacts on food security?
- Has Amplats engaged with affected community members in relation to these issues? If so, what are the outcomes of this engagement?
- Does Amplats have all required water use licences for its Twickenham operation?
- Have any of Amplats’ operations been inspected by the DEA, DWS, DMR, and/or provincial or municipal authorities for air quality, water and/or environmental compliance in the past financial year? If so, what were the findings of those inspections?
- Have any of Amplats’ operations been issued with any warning letters, pre-compliance notices, compliance notices, pre-directives or directives in terms of NEMA in the past financial year?
- Have any of Amplats’ operations been issued with any warning letters, notices, pre-directives or directives in terms of the NWA in the past financial year?