Exxaro Resources Limited 1

In September 2017, Exxaro finalised agreements supporting various components of its “replacement BEE transaction”.1

Following an extraordinary shareholder meeting in November 2017,2 Exxaro was restructured resulting in 30% BEE ownership (through an entity described as “NewBEECo”, which was recently renamed Eyesizwe (RF) (Pty) Ltd) with the remaining 70% held by independent shareholders.

Eyesuzwe (RF) is owned by Exxaro (24.9%), the IDC (22.9%) and a black-empowerment SPV (52.2%).3